We are excited that two of our transnational cooperation projects have been selected as finalists in the European Regiostars awards: Dynaxibility4CE and SIforREF. The public vote is open, support them now to become the new Regiostars! Since 2008, this competition awards the best cohesion-funded projects that demonstrate excellence and new approaches in regional development.
An independent jury selected 30 finalists from among the 228 applications received in 2023, including two of our projects:
- Our project Dynaxibility4CE is nominated in the category “A connected Europe”. The project improved low-carbon mobility and air quality across central Europe by increasing the ability of public transport authorities to deal with new mobility trends, providing strategies and tools that enable dynamic and flexible planning in complex environments. The project supported 7 partner cities and regions with the implementation of sustainable urban mobility plans following the news trends.
- Our project SIforREF is nominated in the category “A social and inclusive Europe”. It helped to overcome the widespread short-sightedness of refugee policies. It showed policymakers that effective practices are possible and feasible, and can increase the social cohesion of our communities. Inspired by the social innovation approach, we strengthened the networks between public and private actors, supporting them to bring out ideas on the topic of refugee inclusion after the reception phase. Seven pilots in 5 cities have given tangible forms to inclusive practices.
What are the next steps? There are three dates to be marked on your calendar:
- 14 September – Start of the public vote on the competition platform
- 11 October – Final round of project pitches during the EU Regions’ Week
- 16 November – Regiostars ceremony and announcement of winners happening in Ostrava, Czech Republic.