We are inviting municipal employees, municipal experts, and local decision-makers to the workshop of the GreenScape CE project, organised by one of the partners, ZRS Bistra Ptuj. The workshop will be held in Stara steklarski, Youth Cultural Center Ptuj, small hall, Ulica Tomaža Šalamuna 1, Ptuj, on February 7, 2024, starting at 10:00 a.m.
Main topics of the workshop:
- NTR – what are nature-based solutions and how to introduce them into the landscape and urban planning of cities and municipalities. Examples of good practices in Slovenia and abroad.
- How to finance projects – which seek Nature-based solutions (NbS) in urban and landscape planning?
- How to raise awareness and involve citizens in such projects?
The goal of the event is to strengthen the capacity of municipalities in the preparation of sustainable urban development projects that include nature-based solutions and green infrastructure. Specifically, to strengthen the capacity of participants to plan, finance, and implement projects that will make cities and municipalities greener and more diverse. With the topics presented, the goal is to support local authorities with additional knowledge in participatory planning and the development of action plans related to the implementation of nature-based solutions and green infrastructure.
The event is intended for municipal employees, municipal experts, and local decision-makers who are responsible for public areas, maintenance, and development of green areas in cities and municipalities. The purpose of the workshop is to strengthen the capacity of cities and municipalities to prepare projects for sustainable urban development, which include NBS and GI. The main challenges with the high goal to be solved with the help of NBS and GI are:
• urban heat islands and heat waves;
• air pollution;
• deprivation of green spaces and
• flood management.
If you want to find more about this event or you would like to register for the event fell free to do it at: firstname.lastname@example.org