Is the fourth call restricted to specific topics?Answer:
Due to the experimental character of the call and its limited budget, the thematic focus of the call has been restricted to seven topics. These topics were chosen on the basis of thorough analyses and a survey that was addressed at all Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE project partners.
List of pre-selected topics:
- Industry 4.0/advanced manufacturing
- Social entrepreneurship
- Energy efficient renovation of public building in cities
- Low carbon mobility and urban air quality
- Climate change adaptation and risk prevention
- Cultural heritage (sites & buildings) at risk
- Accessibility for peripheral and border regions to TEN-T and CNC networks/nodes
The topics were chosen because they:
- Reflect challenges that are relevant for central European regions and most urgently need transnational solutions;
- Represent a critical mass of outputs and results with a high potential to influence the design and improvement of territorial and sectorial policies or strategies (upstreaming); or to improve the situation of local and regional target groups (downstreaming).
- Show a good potential to coordinate with projects funded by other EU programmes, which are directly managed by the European Commission.
More information about the topics can be found in the annex 1 of the application manual.