Open Call for LOW-CARB ‘Followers’ Extended
Contributing to the development and implementation of sustainable urban mobility plans or SUMPs for Functional Urban Areas (FUAs) in the Interreg Central Europe area, LOW-CARB invites applications to its ‘Follower City Programme.’ The deadline is March 1st, 2019.
This call invites interest from up to 18 follower towns, cities or regions that are in the process of either developing a SUMP or low-carbon mobility plan or is in the process of implementing a pilot measure for low-carbon mobility within its functional urban area in the Interreg Central Europe CE region. The selected ‘Follower Cities and/or Regions’ will benefit from a knowledge transfer scheme, exchanging with one of the LOW-CARB project's town or city partners regarding their own low-carbon mobility planning processes. The selected followers will also benefit from the following capacity building activities:
- Tool-testing; and
- Visits to pilot demonstration sites.
Within their applications, would-be participants must indicate which of the following LOW-CARB pilots are of specific interest and why:
- Multimodal mobility platforms (Leipzig, Germany)
- Data-based mobility planning (Szeged, Hungary)
- Shared mobility systems (to be confirmed)
- Smart e-mobility solutions (Koprivnica, Croatia)
- On-demand e-bus mobility services (Skawina, Poland)
Mentoring visits will start mid-2019 and run until the first half of 2020.
- Participants will learn more about sustainable urban mobility planning for functional urban areas and the prioritising of public transport measures in planning low-carbon mobility for your city/region by sharing knowledge and experiences made in our partner cities and regions;
- Towns and cities can check their SUMP status by testing our SUMP self-assessment tool and receive feedback on the most appropriate tool(s) from the SUMP Tool Inventory that fits the current need(s) of your plan and its further development.
- Representatives will develop their knowledge of innovative public transport pilots through site visits and get hands-on insights about planning and implementing innovative measures, like multimodal mobility service platforms or on-demand clean mobility services.
- Beneficiaries will access our LOW-CARB knowledge base, including relevant literature, presentations, expert contacts and so on.
- You will participate in at least two site visits to learn more about our innovative pilots for low-carbon transport solutions in LOW-CARB partner cities and regions.
- We count on your active engagement in workshops linked to the site visits.
- Your administration will test the LOW-CARB SUMP self-assessment tool for sustainable urban mobility planning in functional urban areas.
- A show of commitment to low-carbon transport development in your city and/or region by signing the LOW-CARB Declaration
The documents below provide further details. For more information, please contact Ms Sarah Frimmel at firstname.lastname@example.org
LOW-CARB ‘Follower City Programme’ documentation: