5. Eligible Applicants
Eligible applicants for the first call for proposals are:
- > National, regional and local public bodies;
- > Private institutions, including private companies, having legal personality;
- > International organisations acting under the national law of an EU Member State;
- > International organisations acting under international law, with restrictions.
Any of the eligible applicants, with the exception of international organisations acting under international law, can take the lead partner role as long as it is located in the programme area or it qualifies as “assimilated partner”.
Private lead applicants must hold minimum financial capacity requirements in order to be eligible as lead partners. Project proposals submitted by private lead applicants not meeting the necessary financial capacity criteria will be rejected.
-  Including “Public equivalent bodies”, i.e. bodies governed by public law as defined in Article 2(1) of Directive 2014/24/EU on public procurement fall under this category, as well as including EGTCs in the meaning of Article 2(16) of Regulation (EU) 2021/1060.
-  For the definition of assimilated partner, please refer to chapter 22.214.171.124 of the programme manual.