Webinar held on energy-efficient metro stations, with virtual site visit to Vienna
25 May 2021
The Transnational Webinar titled “Planning for energy-efficient metro stations” took place on the 18 May 2021 within the INTERREG EfficenCE project. Marlene Damerau from Rupprecht Consult shortly welcomed the participants, followed by an introduction to the aims and objectives of the EfficenCE project (ppt).
The presenters introduced different energy-efficient solutions implemented in metro stations, focusing on energy monitoring tools:
- Lukas Kerschhaggl from Wiener Linien talked about the results of the installation and performance evaluation of a foil-based photovoltaic system on the roof of a Metro Station in Vienna, an EfficienCE pilot (ppt)
- Arne Peters shared the experiences with energy storage systems in the network of Hamburger Hochbahn AG (ppt)
- Lluís Baena Domènech from Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (TMB) gave a presentation about the actions to improve energy efficiency in the metro network (ppt)
After a short break, the webinar continued with the following presentations:
- Teresa Schettino showed the participants the experiences with energy management at ATM Milano (ppt)
- Rodrigo Herrero Paredes from Metro Madrid introduced the implementation of a smart ventilation management system (ppt)
- Eberhard Nickel from Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe (LVB) talked about the rail bound energy audit and performance measurement in Leipzig (ppt)
During the webinar participants had the opportunity to have a look at the solution (a foil-based photovoltaic system on the roof of the Ottakring metro station) carried out by Wiener Linien within the Interreg EfficienCE project through a virtual site visit, introducing:
- the first-time installation of special photovoltaic films,
- the features of the implemented PV system and
- the braking energy system.
The videos are availabe HERE after entering some data.
If you are a public authority or a public transport company and currently in the process of developing a pilot measure for energy-efficient public transport infrastructure, or adopting innovative technologies, we invite you to join the EfficienCE User Forum where you can get more detailed information about our pilots.
The whole webinar can be watched HERE.
Prior to the webinar, project partners gathered online to hold the fourth EfficienCE partner meeting on 10-11 May 2021. The first day covered the status reports of the partners, while on the second day the Work package leaders (WP T1 – Strategies and management approaches, WP T2 – Capacity building and toolkits, WP T3 - Pilots) held their sessions focusing on the implementation process.
To keep you updated on the project results, we invite you to subscribe to the EfficienCE Newsletter!
Background photo: Wiener Linien