Setting-up quadruple-helix urban innovation clusters/networks
in target regions
WP T1 objective is to establish 5 new urban innovation quadruple helix (UI4) clusters (= mentored partners in target regions, together with local municipalities) with the support of mentoring partners, planned as follows: Rijeka (HR) & Hartberg (AT) by CyberForum (DE), Vas County (HU) by InfoTrento (IT), Kielce (PL) & Kosice (SK) by e-Zavod (SI). The newly established UI4 clusters (5) together with the very recently established cluster of Maribor (SI, 2015) will elaborate 6 urban innovation action plans (UIAPs) for implementation.
This WP is composed of 4 activities:
1) Mapping of urban ecosystems in target regions to map key innovation actors in urban ecosystems
2) Measures to setup core teams and roadmaps for UI4 Clusters in target regions.
Activities by mentored partners in each target regions:
- Two bi-lateral mentoring/training workshops to establish core teams and instruct on general and customized cluster good practices
- Agreement of a core team of local stakeholders
- Development of a common understanding through personal meetings with stakeholders
- Development of urban innovation roadmaps for UI4 clusters.
3) Establishing UI4 clusters
4) Development of UIAPs including timeline for implementation, responsibilities, budget, identification of funding models for implementation of innovation actions with a timeframe of 5 years.