Study trip #6: Molde Municipality
The last 18th of november the Municipality of Molde (Norway) hosted our team from Italy and Slovenia in its structure within the municipality dedicated to the integration of migrants
Molde is a beautiful city and municipality in Møre og Romsdal county, Norway. It is located in the traditional district of Romsdal. The municipality is located on the Romsdal Peninsula, surrounding the Fannefjord and Moldefjord.
The Municipality realizes concrete projects of solidarity and integration by hosting non-EU arrivals - mediated by the United Nations - by involving them in various training paths aimed at their professional entry into the world of work.
The project is developed according to the following process:
- Reception and assessment of refugees
- Inclusion in groups for language training
- Strengthening of life skills (orientation to the labor market, useful services available in the area)
- Progressive help in entering the world of work based on attitudes and previous experiences
- Achievement of the full autonomy of the migrant and progressive exhaustion of the funds within 5 years.
It has been shown that 65 - 70% of people achieve autonomy and integration in the 5 years envisaged by the project.
Download a detailed description of good practices in the Document section.