During the lifetime of the project SULPiTER created much material for training purposes, upon the inputs given by the Think Thank platform, the Functional Urban Areas (FUAs) and partners of the projects. The topics offered in the trainings respond to specific needs of the partnership as the project progresses and partners developed their understanding of freight phenomena in the FUA and their own SULPs, and consequently identified the areas where they need capacity building. Topics of interested are collected during project meetings, surveys, or specific requests.
A number of training sessions was organised. Topics have included:
· Introduction to the concept of SULPs and SUMPs, with case studies;
· Methodologies for stakeholder engagement management and experiences on Freight Quality Partnerships (FQP);
· “Cargo Bikes in our cities” variety of cycle technologies and business models, case studies in Europe and in China, use of regulations to promote cargo bikes, light electric vehicles, how to include cargo bike logistics in SULPs.
· “On-demand instant deliveries and impacts on urban planning” demand analysis, survey results, impacts on the job market and employment conditions, impacts on city environment and urban planning.
· “New cooperative business models and guidance for sustainable city logistics”
· “New technologies applied to urban freight” on the most novel and disruptive technologies in urban freight
· “Integrating Urban Freight Transport measures in SUMP/SULP” challenges and guidance on the business models to be used in FQPs and transport measures.
· “Freight Quality Partnerships – the NE England experience” regarding the experience that the North East Combined Authority has with its long-standing FQP.
· Stakeholder behavioural analysis for ex-ante policy evaluation
· Good and Best Practices in Urban logistics
· Data protection and privacy in ITS
Under the documents section you can download the training material. Due to size limitations, for some specific training please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Besides the trainings that were described in section 1.4, the project has produced a number of technical results that can be used by all authorities to improve their skills and capacities in urban freight planning. The list below summarises the documents, including the number of the deliverable.
- D.T1.1.2 Desk work on trends and scenarios in FUAs in CE
- D.T1.1.3 Expert survey - DELPHI analysis on trends and scenarios in FUAs in CE
- D.T1.2.1 SULPiTER software Tool development for understanding freight behaviours and impacts in FUAs;
- D.T1.2.11 Transnational report on understanding freight behaviours and impacts in SULPiTER FUAs;
- O.T2.1 Methodology for stakeholders engagement and stakeholders dialogue: manual targeted to policy makers;
- D.T3.1.2 SULP Benchmark analysis in EU and beyond