University of Wismar joins EU’s post-2020 Smart Specialisation Seminar
On 19th of November a representative of University of Wismar, SMART_watch Project Partner, participated for the European Project Center in the EU’s post-2020 Smart Specialisation Seminar hosted in the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium. The event concentrated on the next funding period in the frame of Smart Specialisation.
The presentation agenda covered showcasing best practices in the Baltic States, the vision for the next funding period in the Baltic Sea region and panel discussions on challenges and opportunities. Key questions of the event are:
- How do we position the Regions of the Baltic Sea at the forefront of the EU’s industrial innovation ambitions?
- What are the necessary steps for us to create further ownership and commitment to deliver this?
- What tools and actions are required to future-proof our skills and competences, to identify and priories the opportunities and to attract and leverage investment?
Furthermore, two key note speakers were invited as presenters:
- Lena Andersson Pech, Director in European Territorial Cooperation: Macro-regions, Interreg and Programme Implementation, DG REGIO
- Katja Reppel, Deputy Head of Unit for smart and sustainable growth, DG REGIO
The European Project Center will use the gained insights and information for the further project implementation and research activities.