Partner meeting & transnational workshop in Bergamo!
2-3 December 2019
25 people from the EfficienCE project got together in Bergamo for two days. During the first day each partners’ progress was discussed in detail. It was followed by a guided tour in the upper town of Bergamo including the usage of the funicular; and the day finished with a networking dinner.
The second day a Transnational Workshop on RES Integration into Public Transport Infrastructure took place. The workshop was divided into two parts. First, several experts from different areas held presentations for a wider audience with the moderation of Gabriele Grea from Redmint impresa sociale. The agenda was the following:
- Sergio Gandi, the vice-mayor from Municipality of Bergamo welcomed the participants;
- Stefano Zenoni, from Municipality of Bergamo talked about the role of city in the project;
- Hugo Niesing from Resourcefully talked about another INTERREG project, the CleanMobilEnergy and
- Menno Kardolus from PRE Power Research Electronics addressed the issue of RES integration.
- Gianni Scarfone from ATB presented the future prospective of the electrification of local public transport;
- Paolo Marchetti from ATM Milan talked about the electrification of local public transport in Milan and
- Morriss Brenna from Polytechnic of Milan talked about the depots of the future.
A modest signature ceremony marked the accessions of several new institutions to the EfficienCE Declaration, expressing their support of the project’s goals.
In the second part the participants split into three different workshops. The first was held by Wolfgang Backhaus from Rupprecht Consult on “Strategies and policies for RES integration into transport infrastructure”. The second was moderated by Gabriele Grea from Redmint impresa sociale on “Energy management for tram and electric bus operation: integration of renewable, smart charging & V2G”; and the third one was about “Depots of the future” by Mikolaj Bartlomiejczyk from PKT (Gdynia Trolleybus Transport Company).
After the workshop ATB gave a tour by electric bus to the partners at the tram and bus depot.