Get ready for 2050: follow-up
PROSPECT2030 has been part of the second session of #GetReadyFor2050 joint webinar series that explored how to best implement climate and energy plans!
We've been actively involved and contributed to the success of session two on May 27 - "How to successfully plan for the future?", both in the plenary room thanks to Manfred Hotwagner (European Center for Renewable Energy Güssing) and in Breakout Room nr.4 with Manfred and Silvio De Nigris (Regione Piemonte, LP), presenting "Mid-Term planning and Regional perspective".
The series has been conceived specifically for local and regional authorities and stakeholders who would like support to develop, implement and finance Sustainable Energy and Climate Plans.
3 sessions have been organised between the 20th of May and 1st of June, each featuring a mix of high-level speakers and practical discussions in small groups (breakout sessions).
These events are the result of a broad coalition of European projects and initiatives including Covenant of Mayors - Europe, C–Track 50 and PENTAHELIX, but also many more (we've been very happy to virtually share the stage with European Energy Award, JOINT SECAP, E-Fix, STEPPING INTERREG MED Plus).
Some of the outcomes (see full article by FEDARENE):
- More than 200 different participants joining all 3 sessions, and about 100 participating in each session, coming from local and regional authorities, energy agencies, consultancies, academia, networks… ;
- Support across various branches of the European Commission, notably through inspiring and informative welcome addresses from DG REGIO, DG CLIMA, DG ENER, but also from the European Investment Bank;
- 19 presentations from consultants, public authorities, energy agencies and EU networks working daily on capacity-building and support in climate & energy planning and financing;
- 13 interactive breakout sessions featuring 29 high skilled facilitators and experts;
- An impressive variety of topics related to the main issue: regional support to municipalities, carbon neutrality planning, adaptation, joint SECAPs, EPC, energy communities, crowdfunding, etc.
- New links created between participating stakeholders;
- raised awareness on opportunities for project development, implementation and financing… and much more.
The recording and presentations to download are available here