Implementation of a tool for brownfield management
The Pilot Action is the implementation and testing of the GreenerSites web-gis Tool in Magdeburg.
The pilot site Magdeburg-Rothensee is used as reference site for test-data.
- The GreenerSites geo-information tool, delivered in the frame of the project, is a site information system with mapviewer containing relevant data and maps on the brownfields. It is an easy-to-use web tool planned for online collaboration of public authorities and other stakeholders that are concerned with brownfield rehabilitation.
It was developed under the guidance of the partner Ministry of Regional Development and Transport of Saxony Anhalt and will be adopted by all project partners in their sites after the testing phase foreseen with this Pilot Action.
Pilot action activities:
- Testing the tool to selected municipal districts
- Technical meetings with local administrations staff to discuss specifications of the tool
- Fine-tuning of the tool
- Pilot Seminars for testing and training of local administration staff
- Final Implementation report on transferability of the tool to local administrations
- Pilot Action Report
- Involvement of stakeholders:
- Local stakeholders involved in the tool testing phase: City of Magdeburg Planning Department, Brownfield Authority (LAF), City of Magdeburg IT-Services (KID Magdeburg
- Local stakeholders to be addressed by the pilot seminars: City of Magdeburg: Departments of environment, business development and land register; Regional Planning Association Magdeburg, Port of Magdeburg GmbH, Land development Agency Saxony-Anhalt (Landgesellschaft mbH), Administrations of the counties of the FUA Magdeburg (Börd district, Salzland district, Jerichower Land district) and other regions of Saxony-Anhalt