LUMAT Final conference: Towards the Integrated Environmental Land Management in Central Europe
Katowice, (PL) 15 – 16 April 2019
Modern cities, especially in Central Europe, face many challenges such as urban sprawl, soil sealing, brownfields or the necessity of protection of natural spontaneous species occurring on degraded areas. Additionally the cities’ administration borders do not reflect physical, social, environmental or cultural links in cities. Therefore functional urban areas are created (FUAs) which constitute spatially continuous settlement systems made up of separate administrative units, containing urban compact area with surroundings functionally connected with the urban core.
Solving of FUAs’ problems is challenging for the cities’ administration as functional urban areas do not constitute formal administrative units. Apart from the necessity for integrated planning and implementation of various activities they require also forming partnerships including subjects on various governance levels for implementation of these actions.
The final conference of LUMAT will bring together the partners and pilot cities from the LUMAT Project on 15-16 April 2019 in Katowice, Poland and it will focus on presenting and assessment of the project results. It will be also an opportunity for discussion on the present issues in land management with looking at the land as an environmental resource.
If you are representatives of regional and local authorities, architects, urban planners, land owners, investors, entrepreneurs dealing with soil and water remediation, builders as well as financial institutions or student you are kindly invited to register here.
- Venue and Date:
- Conference will take place in Katowice, in Muzeum Śląskie (Silesian Museum), Auditorium room (-4 level) at 1 Dobrowolski street 40-205 Katowice, on 15-16 April 2019. Click here to see the map.
- 15 April 2019 – Conference - Muzeum Śląskie, Audytorium room (-4 level)
- 16 April 2019 – Muzeum Śląskie, investment site visit in Ruda Śląska.
Meeting point: Muzeum Śląskie, Main Entrance.
- The Conference language will be Polish and English. The organizers will provide simultaneous translation.
- Number of places is limited. Due to the security reason the registration is obligatory. Please register via online form. Registration deadline: 9 April 2019. Register now : https://goo.gl/forms/E740sh3QJ34DKMbf1
- Marta Fudała (Institute for Ecology of Industrial Areas in Katowice),
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +48 32 254-60-31 ext.139