SiTI – Higher Institute on Territorial Systems for Innovation, organised the International Midterm Conference of InAirQ project, which took place on September 27, 2017, at the premises of SiTI, located in Corso Castelfidardo 30/A in Turin, Italy. It started at 9.00 h and ended at 15.30 h (with a lunchbreak for participants), and it was followed by a press release aimed at informing the broad public about the conference held in Turin.
The International Midterm Conference of InAirQ project was structured as a workshop in which the project InAirQ, as well as previous experiences of projects aimed at improving the environmental quality, was presented to an audience mainly composed of technicians, representatives of regional and local public bodies (such as Piedmont Regional Agency for the Protection of the Environment and the Local Healthcare Office), university students, teachers of schools that may potentially be involved in the practical stage of the InAirQ project (i.e. the monitoring phase and the pilot action phase) and the Compagnia di San Paolo, a bank foundation which is very active in the Turin Metropolitan area by operating investments aimed at improving the life quality of citizens. The event was moderated by Arianna Dongiovanni (SiTI).
The institutions presenting their own experiences were:
- CSTB - Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment, France;
- National Public Health Institute of Hungary. ;
- Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine, Poland;
- aGrisù, Italy;
- Slovenian National Institute of Public Health;
- National Institute of Public Health, Czech Republic;
- Higher Institute on Territorial Systems for Innovation, Italy;
- ITER – Istituzione Torinese per una Educazione Responsabile (Turin Institution for a Responsible Education);
- Air PACA – FAEM, France;
- ARPA Piemonte, Regional Agency for Environmental Protection, Italy.