The local central heating systems renovation and widening in the municipality of Skřípov
- The Skřípov municipality which is small village in the east Bohemia (it has approx. 350 inhabitants)
- The fuel is the waste from the furniture production (chipboard, lama); it is currently burning 660 t/year. The company is located in the city of Skřípov.
- The office furniture manufacturer has currently: 2 boilers (approx. 2MWth).
- The heat is used (i) for the self-consumption of the company and (ii) for the existing small central district heating system (within the town of Skřípov) where they connected several houses in the range of 100 meters from the boilers.
- Drivers for change:
- In 2018 the re-settlement of the second part of the factory from Opava to Skřípov is planned => more fuel (waste from the furniture production will be available)
- The need for covering the self-consumption of the company (both heat and electricity) - possible cogeneration
- Consideration of the extending of the local district heating in close cooperation with the local government
- Changing of the boilers needed due to new emission limits entering into the force
MAIN STAKEHOLDERS INVOLVED
National center for energy savings/PP 7 - Jan Evangelista University in Ústí nad Labem
National center for energy savings/Jan Evangelista University in Ústí nad Labem, TUV Nord, Hon company, central heating projection company
There is currently the small central heating system in the city of Skřípov in the east Bohemia. The municipality has approx. 350 inhabitants. There is connected several houses in the range of 100 meters from the boilers.
The heat is produced within the furniture production company by burning the waste from the production (chipboard, lama). Currently there are being burned approx. 660 t/year in 2 boilers of the overall thermal input of 2MW.
The heat is also used for the self-consumption of the company. However in the 2018 the re settlement of the second part of the factory from Opava to Skřípov is planned and more fuel (waste from the furniture production will be available). If the fuel is not burned in the boilers it has to be put to the dump which brings high cost to the company. The company wants to cover the self-consumption (both heat and electricity) and consider also extending current local district heating (in close cooperation with the local government).
There was done the survey among local citizens where the demand for the heat from the district heating was identified
Applicability: The concrete applicability of the case study is straightforward – the concrete feasibility study in the city of Skřípov with the possible technical realization depending on the case study outcomes.