Feasibility of waste heat utilization from a thermal power plant
The main aim of the study is to identify and estimate waste heat potential in Bełchatów Power Station. The scope of the study will include:
- Overview of all existing waste heat sources in Bełchatów Power Station based on on-site verification and data on technological systems provided by the plant.
- Identification of waste heat sources in Bełchatów Power Station which can be efficiently used.
- Estimation of thermal energy from identified waste heat sources in the plant.
- Selection of different waste heat utilization technological solutions which can be implemented including conversion of waste heat into electricity, useful heat, and cold.
- Estimation of potential costs of waste heat utilization installations implementation in Bełchatów.
- Identification of different possibilities of internal or com
MAIN STAKEHOLDERS INVOLVED
Bełchatów Power Station, local entrepreneurs or local community consuming generated energy or useful heat.
Bełchatów Power Station is the world’s second largest brown coal fired power station. The plant produces 28 TWh of electricity per year- 20 % of total energy produce d in Poland. The feasibility study aims to identify all possible waste heat energy sources available in the Plant and to propose commercial or internal possibilities of its utilization. The study will consider technological economical and formal aspects of possible utilization of the waste heat generated in Bełchatów Power Station, and these aspects are taken into account in waste heat utilization toolbox.
Applicability: The study will be submitted to Bełchatów Power Plant. Depending on the results and conclusions of the study, the plant will decide on potential investments in waste heat utilization installations in the nearest feature.
The basis if the study realization is a contract on cooperation signed between Poltegor-Institute and PGE GiEK S.A.