ForHeritage final conference “Main challenges and possible solutions for a sustainable cultural heritage management”
12 May 2022, Brussels
The final conference of the ForHeritage project was held on 12 May 2022 in the premises of Regione Piemonte in Brussels. The purpose of the conference was to present main challenges and possible solutions for a sustainable cultural heritage management.
In the first part of the conference, 7 different projects were presented, links to which can be found below:
- ForHeritage - Excellence in heritage management in central Europe
- MOMAr - Models of Management for Singular Rural Heritage
- CLIC - Circular models Leveraging Investments in cultural heritage adaptive reuse
- Be.CULTOUR - Beyond CULtural TOURism
- Open Heritage - Organizing, Promoting and ENabling HEritage Reuse
- SoPHIA - Social Platform for Holistic Impact Heritage Assessment
- Cultural Heritage in Action - Sharing solutions in European cities and regions
The speakers discussed the main objectives of the projects, their goals, approaches, but also the challenges that accompanied them. The participants could also learn about good practices and lessons learned on the topic of a cultural heritage management.
The second part of the conference was addressed by representatives of the EU institutions, whose presentations can be found below.
- Interreg Central Europe Programme Joint Secretariat
- Interreg Europe Policy Learning Platform
- European Commission – DG for Education, Youth, Sport, Culture
- European Education and Culture Executive Agency – EACEA
- European Investment Bank Institute
The session focused on presenting the various grant programmes for the period 2021-2027. Speakers discussed priorities and objectives related to heritage projects and also presented recommendations and hints on the new 2021-2027 programming.
The conference was attended by 119 participants, representatives of local, regional and national authorities and institutions, cultural heritage organisations and individuals. The conference concluded with a short Q&A during which participants' questions were answered.