Pilot project & pilot visit in Duga Resa
Feel free to join the pilot project meeting. It takes place on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, via the following Zoom link.
Agenda of the pilot visit:
10:00 - 10:30 - Challenges in setting up the pilot program
10:30 - 11:00 - Challenges in adjusting the pilot program to rural conditions
11:00 - 11:15 - Example of SE that takes part in the pilot program
11:15 - 11:35 - Service provider presentation - Empiria Magna
11:35 - 11:45 - Further steps in implementing the program and transfer of knowledge
11:45 - 12:00 - Q&A
The Town of Duga Resa is currently implementing the pilot program in a business incubator with the goal to strengthen competition, entrepreneurship, and employment opportunities in rural areas such as Karlovac county in Croatia.
In the last few months (July, August and September) in Duga Resa, professional lectures were held, consisting of theoretical and practical parts (tailor-made exercises), as well as individual and group consultations. Mentoring was done in group form, with an individual approach, i.e., adapted to the participants. The service provider was Empiria Magna.
Workshop topics were:
1. The concept of social entrepreneurship
2. Specifics of business in rural areas
3. Entrepreneurial competencies - development of key characteristics for successful business operation (specific knowledge, motivation, characteristic, social awareness and skills that encourage the entrepreneurial spirit, growth, and development)
4. Sources and types of funding
5. Business models for social enterprises
6. Social performance analysis
7. Financial modeling
8. Leadership/leadership models
9. Sales and procurement
13 participants in total applied for the training sessions.