International Online conference about sustainable digital transformation in cities and communities in the EU
PBN attended an International online conference about sustainable digital transformation in cities and communities in the EU
Our Lead Partner, PBN attended an International online conference about sustainable digital transformation in cities and communities in the EU.
Title of the meeting: Szombathely restructuring programme + Declaration on joining forces to boost sustainable digital transformation in cities and communities in the EU
Date: 22nd April
- DG Connect and various partner departments responsible for smart city program, eHealth, eGovernment and Trust, EDIH
- the representative of the JRC
- 8 people from various EU institutions
- The representative of the city of Szombathely
- PBN CEO Balázs Barta dr.
PBN is about to implement a complex program with DIH, start of AI-related education with the University Bologna, establish a new industrial park dedicated to health-industry, integration of university teaching hospital. We are dedicated to implement it in partnership wih Emilia-Romagna, CNA.
- it would be superb to have a workshop in Brussels, hopefully, in June, with DG Regio, DG Connect and DG Reform together with us, on how restructuring efforts could be integrated with direct EU funds – maybe also connected to the planned Smart City DIH workshop? PBN contacted the mayor of Szombathely as well, to join. Ms. Adrienn Bokányi– city councilor – will come for sure, on behalf of the city
The topics of the online meeting::
- the cross-border alliance with 4 DIHs from Austrian regions
- the planned workshop in Brussels in June, with DG REGIO, CONNECT and REFORM
In addition, there is a great interest in PBN’s idea on possibly carrying out an analysis on DIHs for example on:
- advanced data analysis on DIHs and/or smart cities as well as activities related to Health;
- data analysis on DIHs using AI for the public sector;
- primary research about the ’post-virus’ actions of the DIHs and/or smart cities
Balázs Barta dr. presented his presentation about the DIH perspectives in the convergent region. The complex presentation included a short introduction into PBN’s life and the key data from the am-LAB DIH. After the key challenges have been discussed, a strong Central European strategic policy alliance framework has been presented, and it offered answers to the key questions of the meeting.
He mentioned more INTERREG projects in the digitial innovations area, in which PBN and am-LAB are participating, CHAIN REACTIONS was mentioned too. In the CHAIN REACTIONS CE project, PBN has the Lead Partner role, so they have a reliable view on the included regions current state in the digitalization and in the DIH area.
Other topics, which were mentioned by PBN:
- Cross border alliances (services, fields, equipments etc.)
- Data Science education
- am-LAB data science services, education
- complex re-start program with the city of Szombathely in order to have a grow in the local and regional economy
Questions by PBN :
- What is the possible help from the EU side?
- Do they need to have data that was collected earlier or do they carry out the data collection by themselves?
- What channels are the invited participants using?
- Which database are the participants using? Catalogue? DIHNET?
- What is their view about the situation in their country/region?