Info Day in Germany - User Centered Innovation in the Creative Industries
Date: 1st October 2020 - Location: L-Bank Rotunde, Stuttgart
The COCO4CCI Info Day in Germany was organised on 1st October 2020 in the framework of the Hightech Summit Baden-Württemberg, the largest technology congress in Baden-Württemberg. The Hightech Summit is dedicated to the topics of technology, innovation and entrepreneurship and presents both successful digitisation projects from Baden-Württemberg and from the international context.
Within this framework, bwcon GmbH with the support of the Stuttgart Media University (HdM) organized an Info Day to launch the COCO4CCI project and the upcoming pilot with focus on “User-centred innovation in the creative industry”.
The event was opened with the presentation of the COCO4CCI project by Magdalena Weinle, project manager of COCO4CCI at the Stuttgart Media University. During this presentation, the cooperation collider was presented, with particular focus on the upcoming call for CCI for the pilot action.
The event was organised following a hybrid format: A limited number of registered participants was admitted into the venue (following the COVID19 restrictions). To allow a greater participation, the event was at the same time streamed on the matchmaking platform Brella as well as on the Facebook Channel of bwcon.
This offer also the opportunity to experiment already at this stage some online matchmaking tools to allow a direct contact among representative of CCI and AVM.
The audience was composed by both representative of CCI and AVM.
Topics of the event and presentations
Customer orientation is the top priority for innovations. But which approaches can be used for user-centred design and how can this be integrated into the innovation process? What possibilities for user-centred design do digital technologies and data offer? The Info day gave the opportunity to find out which methods are available for user-centred design and which experiences companies have made with them.
The event was composed by the following slots:
1) An introduction in the COCO4CCI project and the participation opportunities for AVM and CCI
2) Two technologies presentations:
- The CEO of the company b.Rex GmbH gave an overview of the technologies implemented by his company for client projects: from Augmented and virtual reality to CGI & 3D Animation.
- The CEO of the company Lightshape presented a real application case developed for AUDI AG using VR headsets and holodeck
3) Four Creative Startups pitches
4) A Transfer success case: example of successful collaboration between creative company and AVM
5) An Entrepreneurship Growth Story: The company diconium, which in 2020 celebrate 25 years of success in the creative industry, presented the story of its growth from a startup to a successful established company, now partially owned by Volkswagen
The event was very well received by all attendees. All presentations were very much appreciated and generated an active debate with the audience in the room as well with the one online, which could join the conversation to the chat function integrated in the Brella platform.
In this occasion,the regional website of COCO4CCI was also announced and presented. There bwcon and the HdM will publish all further information for the participation of AVM and CCI into the pilot activities that will start in the following months.