CEETO Manual of Sustainable Tourism governance for Protected Area managers
The CEETO Manual of Sustainable Tourism Governance for Protected Area Managers is an operational document intended for both Protected Area managers and local stakeholders. It is based on the experience of eight Protected Areas in Austria, Croatia, Germany, Italy and Slovenia that tested various governance models for stakeholders engagement and monitoring tools of visitors flow, aimed at reducing environmental impacts and pressures of tourism and enhance the socio-economic benefits that can come from a Sustainable Tourism approach.
The aim of the document is to improve the managing capacities of Protected Area managers and local stakeholders and implement an actual sustainable use of nature and its assets. In the Manual you will find:
- The principles of Sustainable Tourism;
- A step by step guidance on Sustainable Tourism set up and management in Protected Areas;
- Practical hints and recommendations on how to manage processes of Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas (including participatory approach in planning, communication and monitoring);
- Guidance on cooperation mechanisms between Protected Areas and Tour Operators to improve the efficacy of sustainability models.
- The CEETO Manual is available to download in different languages (more translations coming soon):
|CEETO Manual - English (EN)|
|CEETO Manual - Slovenian (SI)|
|CEETO Manual - Italian (IT)|
About the Cooperation mechanisms between Protected Areas and Tour Operators
The information included in the Manual of Sustainable Tourism governance for Protected Area managers collects some of key aspects that Protected Area Managers should know in order to work with Tour Operators for the delivery of Sustainable Tourism strategies.
Nonetheless, this information is only a summary of a greater work produced in the framework of CEETO project that focuses exclusively on the the main processes and cooperation mechanisms to ensure a fruitful collaboration between managers, stakeholders ant tour operators, and on the importance that the involvement of this sector has in achieving sustainability goals.
All this information has been collected in the document CEETO Guideliness for Protected Areas to work with Tour Operators, and its Executive Summary, available below:
- Download the Guideliness for Protected Areas to work with Tour Operators - English version.
- Download the Executive Summary - English version.