LOW-CARB organised the Workshop "Regional Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning for Functional Urban Areas"
29 June 2018
The LOW-CARB project organised on 25 May 2018 the workshop "Regional Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning for Functional Urban Areas: Improving capacities to lower CO2 Emissions," in Brno, Czech Republic. The workshop targeted mobility planners (primarily regional authorities, city planners and public transport companies) with a view to exchanging knowledge and experience about integrated low-carbon mobility planning. It aimed to raise the participants’ capacities to set-up coordinated management structures in functional urban areas and, ultimately, through improved coordination, mobility planning and deployment of innovative technology, the workshop aimed to contribute to emission and congestion reduction in Central Europe’s functional urban areas.
The agenda and presentations can be found below:
- Introduction to the workshop — Wolfgang Backhaus (Rupprecht Consulting)
- Setting the scene: introduction to the LOW-CARB project — Sarah Frimmel (Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe)
- SUMPs for functional regions in Slovenia: Experiences, challenges and future — Luka Mladenovič (Urban Planning Institute of Slovenia)
- How to include low-carbon multimodal services into company based mobility planning — Katja Karba (Development agency Sinergija)
- Linking up with EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK — Jerome Simpson (Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe)