|Project name||REGREEN - q-ACTIVATE|
|Priority||Natural and cultural resources|
|Aim||To respond to the pollution's pressure caused by the increase in temperatures in cities to favour the reduction of CO2 and PM10 emissions by:
1) developing and implement strategies and tools smart city (eg ICT applications, environmental technologies)
2) managing and improving the environmental quality through the reuse of informal green spaces.
more specifically, this project aims at:
1) Management and re-thinking of urban mobility nodes
a) to analyze the vehicular flows on the main road axes estimating the number of vehicles passing through in order to understand how much this value contributes to general pollution
b) to find solutions to reduce the pollutants caused by vehicular traffic is to reduce the permanence of vehicles on city roads and in the improvement of their journeys by changing the way in which urban roads are used to make transits more efficient through smart cities technologies
2) The subsequent functional management and requalification of green areas, which would thus represent the tools to improve urban resilience and mitigation of climate impacts.
Trees have direct and indirect benefits for cooling buildings, reducing human suffering during heat waves and draining rainwater.
|Results||In general, the combined effect of increased/better greening and reduced pollution will make a concrete contribution to improve urban quality.
Specifically, results will be:
- Practical tools for public administrations to regulate and plan the growth of trees in urban environments (public and private, eg: through green regulations, planning of work-in-progress for green areas in the PGT ..).
- Smarter roads and tools for local administrations to manage them
• Increased capacity of public institutions and professionals to design and implement sustainable public spaces to mitigate climate impact
• Better management and planning of green areas (typologies based on capacity of rooting and growth, depending on places and functions, soil criticality)
- Better planning and management of roads and traffic
• Effective pollution reduction
• Effectiveness of green as a component helping the reduction of energy consumption of public buildings t.
|Partners involved||National environmental associations, Cities and Cities associations.|
|Partners requested||National environmental associations, Cities and Cities associations outside of Italy|
|Innovation||Adoption of specific strategies and toolsfor:
- not new roads, but smarter roads
- ecosystem that with its green component contributes actively green for the reduction of pollution and energy consumption
|Follow up of||LONG TERM
• Effective climate mitigation
• Improved drainage of water following flashfloods
• Effectiveness of green as a component helping the reduction of energy consumption of public buildings through energy saving interventions for green growth, which will make urban spaces more livable thanks to the reduction of heat islands.
|Follow up fundings|