|Project name||INSIDE REFUGEES – INclusive social integration and development of employment for Refugees|
|Priority||Innovation and knowledge development|
|Aim||Voluntary or forced migrations have reached unprecedented proportions with a dramatic impact on Europe, with thousands of immigrants entering the continent by the most improvised means of transport, seeking protection under the international regulations. Hosting countries have so far hardly managed to cope with the provision of rescuing or first reception services, and integration or inclusion efforts still remain inadequate and ineffective. Migrants are still perceived as foreign bodies, often discriminated against and politically exploited.
The specific target group of asylum and international protection seekers is addressed by this project proposal, as this group of migrants is evidenced as particularly vulnerable.
The project sets the goal of designing EFFECTIVE policy tools to support inclusion, integration and cohesion via interregional cooperation. This goal will be reached starting from an in-depth analysis of the intrinsic complex features of such target group and of the good practices already in place. Specific tools and solutions will then be tested and modelled with specific reference to the target group features, to include the waiting time to be granted asylum and their individual conditions.
Supporting tools will be firstly introduced, focussed on distancing the migrants from social drift risks. The subsequent toolset will include the introduction of progressive activation-boosting measures (e.g. laboratories, communication, social and team-working skills), to proceed with guidance, training, existing skills recovery, skills validation and certification. Job-matching tools will lastly be introduced, first in the form of traineeships or work experience in protected environment, and then as real jobs.
The project is aimed at activating social innovation virtuous processes in order to introduce self-sustaining changes, in terms of:
- effective integration processes with customized, multi-tool, integrated approaches;
- reinforcing the role of the operators involved in the integration processes: improving their skills and introducing new intervention tools.
|Results||The project is aimed at activating SOCIAL INNOVATION DYNAMICS FOR THE SOCIAL AND JOB INTEGRATION of asylum and international protection seekers.Results will be reached by using a well-structured method which may br summarized in the following steps:
1) analysis of target group features and of the contexts of reference;
2) collection and analysis of existing best practices;
3) peer review on existing practices and design of new tools, methods and solutions;
5) testing the methods and tools and evaluation of results and impact;
6) review of methods in the light of the results and subsequent modelling;
7) introduction of tools into systems, dissemination and mainstreaming.
The expected results lie in the design of new and effective methods aimed at facilitating integration and changing the cultural mindsets in the receiving countries’ populations.
The project will especially focus on the design and the integration of the following tools:
EDUCATION AND TRAINING SECTOR
1) IT-based training tools to support the acquisition of the receiving country language (on a group and on-to-one basis) by illiterate individuals;
2) for the validation and certification of skills already acquired via non formal training by the migrants.
3) For the recovery of communication skills;
4) For designing highly tutored work experiences;
5) For methodology development for tailoring training to the needs and features of the target group;
6) Activation of voluntary work opportunities.
PREVENTING MISTREATMENT AND GENERAL SUPPORT
7) For counselling and social assistance;
8) To prevent exploitation or segregation conditions;
9) To support intercultural mediation
|Partners requested||- National, regional or municipal authorities dealing with social inclusion and with the social inclusion of the disadvantaged;
- Universities and Research Institutes in the social field with specific focus on migration and prevention of social exclusion among refugees;
- International organisations dealing with migrations with particular focus on asylum seekers;
- Associations, Foundations, cooperatives ad consortia in the field of reception and integration of disadvantaged workers, especially migrants seeking international protection.
|Innovation||- Target Group addressed
- Partnership actions
- self-sustaining policy design
- Integration toolset
|Follow up of|
|Follow up fundings|