|Project name||EPAM - European web-Platform for Air pollution Monitoring|
|Priority||Low carbon cities and regions|
|Aim||EPAM project aims to implement an high-tech Web platform (common to all territories involved) to store, share and monitor reliable data collected by the Network of electrochemical sensors that each partner will be deployed on its territory, since the current monitoring system of air quality for regulatory purposes is NOT sufficient to deliver detailed information on air quality in urban areas.
The Network of LOW COST sensors will detect mainly measurements of CO2, nitric oxide (NO), ozone (O3), nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and particulate matter (PM).
The goal is to implement a common strategy to reduce the environmental impact, especially in urban areas with the application of specific actions, such as increased awareness towards renewable sources, hybrid cars, information for cyclists / pedestrians on the less polluted paths, teleworking and so on.
|Results||• Releasing a Joint Action Plan with guidelines for the reduction of air pollutants, transferable to other European regions affected by environmental criticality;
• Implementation of a high-tech web platform that collects data on pollutants of the territories involved detected by the air quality monitoring network;
• Full involvement of local authorities, citizens and other stakeholders in order to raise public awareness about use of renewable energies;
• Identification of innovative solutions for mobility with low CO2 emissions;
1,5 - 2,0 MEuro
|Partners requested||• National, Regional and local public authorities responsible for energy, mobility and other low-carbon economy related policy fields;
• Regional development agencies;
• Technical environmental agencies;
• Transport and mobility agencies;
• Universities, knowledge and research institutes;
• Other public bodies;
|Innovation||A unique and innovative web-based air pollution platform to support citizens and policy makers.|
|Follow up of|
|Follow up fundings|