Rijeka pilot: World Café workshop with young citizens
Second round of testing Rijeka’s pilot activity – Citizen Collaboration Platform (CCP) was held on 5 December 2017, with the support of Junior Chamber International (JCI), Rijeka, and Startup Incubator Rijeka. Altogether 20 high school students, students from faculties and polytechnics, startup representatives, employed and unemployed young people participated in the World café workshop to discuss various CCP issues, and to provide the ideas on using of city-owned spaces and outdoor environments - parks, walkways, and playgrounds.
The main topics included:
- How to put unused capacities into function: proposals on actual examples
- The participation process: how to apply an idea into the platform?
- CCP promotion: how to make the platform a common tool among the citizens?
- Awarding system: how should be citizens rewarded for proposing the improving ideas?
- Suggestions on login system, graphical design and branding of CCP
- Other CCP contents and possibilities.
Many of creative ideas were collected, and one of them is establishing of Crowdfunding system within the CCP. It would allowed citizens to co-finance ideas’ implementation for their neighborhood or according to their interest area, and make it achievable in shorter time period.
In 3-hour long creative session the young citizens provided their standpoints and opinions on further development and implementation of CCP, from general performances to details and new options. This collection will be a solid indicator for shaping the CCP to be suitable and useful for young generations.