SULPiTER Webinar on Freight Quality Partnership
Apply to attend our webinar foreseen for November 28th, 2017
Description of the training event
The SULPiTER project is glad to invite you to the next webinar targeted to authorithies dealining with city logistics problems.
The trainings are organized by the project SULPiTER (Sustainable Urban Logistics PlannIng To Enhance Regional freight transport) with the aim to develop and to improve the Sustainable Urban Logistics Plans (SULPs) in Functional Urban Areas. SULP, as part of the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans, is specific for freight and for this reason some activities are slightly different from the general mobility.
In this webinar we will learn how to setup and organize a Freight Quality Partnership, groups of transport operators and local authorities that come together to deal with matters of freight access
and deliveries in a particular location.
The key note speech will be held by Prof. Michael Browne, visiting Professor at the University of Gothenburg and former Professor at the University of Westminster in London.
About the speaker: Prof. Michael Browne
"I have been a full-time professor at the University of Gothenburg since 2015 having been part of the Visiting Professor Program for the previous three years. My main research focus is on urban goods transport and I provide academic leadership for the Urban Freight Platform a joint University of Gothenburg and Chalmers initiative supported by the Volvo Research and Educational Foundations (VREF). I am committed to engaging practitioners and policy-makers with the research community to focus on all aspects of logistics that impact on future patterns of urban goods transport and logistics. I also work on broader research topics research concerned with many issues in sustainable logistics including: e-commerce and home delivery, energy use in the supply chain and the interaction of policy and business decisions. The importance of working with stakeholders in in the cities. Prior to moving to Gothenburg in 2015 I worked for over 20 years at the University of Westminster in London and I continue to chair the Central London Freight Quality Partnership bringing together London boroughs, Transport for London and a range of businesses and their representative associations. I teach on courses in logistics and sustainability and also retail logistics" (source: University of Gothengurg official website).
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- You can contact the coordinator Institute for Transport and Logistics at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends
- Yes it is ok. Please make sure that for each participant there is a different registratio
- What is the link to the webinar?
- After your registration an e-mail will be generated (be sure you inserted your correct e-mail address) with the link to the webina
- You will receive a PDF with the link and with some suggestions
- Do i need a particular equipment to follow the webinar?
- Although you can simply connect and use the speakers of your PC, an headset is suggested in order to improve the sound quality
- How much the participation to the webinar?
- the participation os free of charge but registration is necessary here.
- The link to the registration is not working.
- Try to copy and paste in your browser this text: https://www.eventbrite.it/e/sulpiter-webinar-on-freight-quality-partnership-prof-michael-browne-registration-39556646996
- if it is not working contact us at email@example.com